Jersey Arts Centre youtheatre is the in-house theatre company for 14-19-year-olds. It was founded in 2001 and there have since been 41 major productions along with numerous animations and readings for a number of Island events, including Liberation Day and Holocaust Memorial Day. Hettie Duncan and Nicole Twinam have now been co-directing youtheatre since the summer of 2015.
The youtheatre have also been involved with cultural and educational exchanges with St Helier’s twin town of Bad Wurzach, in southern Germany, and have toured several plays to the town – the most recent of which was ‘Animal Farm’ in 2018.
The company are currently in rehearsal for the Spring 2023 Project…keep your eyes peeled for news coming soon!
If you have the energy, commitment, imagination and a sense of humour, and would like to become a member, come along to our next introductory session on Wednesday 19 April 2023 from 6pm – 8pm. We can’t wait to meet you!
You do not have to audition to become a member of youtheatre – you just have to be interested in theatre, stories and playing…
Recent productions include:
- The Changing Room by Chris Bush / 2022
- Skellig by David Almond / 2022
- My Father, Odysseus by Timberlake Wertenbaker / 2021
- Beasts and Beauties by Carol Ann Duffy / dramatised by Still and Supple / 2020
- Start Swimming by James Fritz / 2019
- Kes by Lawrence Till / adapted from Barry Hines’ ‘A Kestrel for a Knave’ / 2019
- Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie / performed at Hamptonne Country Life Museum / 2018
- Animal Farm by George Orwell / adapted for the stage by Ian Wooldridge / 2018
- Medea by Ben Powers after Euripides / 2017
For more information about youtheatre, please contact our Education and Outreach Coordinator, Hettie Duncan: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see Jersey Arts Centre’s Safeguarding Policy – on our Policies page – for all relevant information.