Jersey Arts Centre has now hosted 40 residences since 2010 for one, two and three week periods, in various Island spaces: St. James Church, the Assembly Room at St. Helier’s Town Hall, The Old Magistrate’s Court and the Benjamin Meaker Theatre. They have all aided the promotion of creative work in dance, music, drama and multidisciplinary processes that have been an invaluable asset to the programme of Jersey Arts Centre.
Jersey Arts Centre remains committed to hosting residencies throughout the year, allowing companies and individuals the chance to create, discover, write, play, and be inspired by their surroundings.
Our residencies have allowed creatives, both from Jersey and further afield, the space to experiment with new performances and bring original and forward-thinking work to our audiences, enhancing Jersey Arts Centre’s professional programme.
All our residences culminate in public performances for all to experience.
Our residencies have included:
- Free Time Radical by Frequency D’ici / January 2010
- Spaceman by Dudendance / October 2010
- 13.7 by curious directive / May 2011
- Big Voices, Big Noises by Simon MacDonald Prods. / October 2011
- Magda by Sarah Kewley Hyde / April 2012
- Interventions by Sheri Burt and Company / June 2012
- Archipelago by Melvil’s Diary / November 2012
- Infinite landscapes: Poetic Origami by ARTcomedia / October 2013
- FREEZE! by Nick Steur / Richard Jordan Productions / June 2014
- et si / and if by Théâtre du Champ Exquis / July 2014
- Flesh! Lights! Camera! Action! by The Brewing Company / March 2015
- Laura Newey (on piano) / July 2017
- The Boiling Sea v1.2 (coal in the rivers) by wolf kid theatre / July 2017
- Exploring Beckett by The Story in Motion Project / October 2017
- Overdrive by Linda Marlowe / Richard Jordan Productions / July 2018
- Going Underground by Simon MacDonald / October 2018
- The Boiling Sea v1.3 (children of the rabbit god) by wolf kid theatre / April 2019
- Happy Hour by Cristian Ceresoli / Richard Jordan Productions / July 2019
- Edmund/Edgar by Jeremy Hardingham and Jonny Liron / January 2020
- The Thirteenth Fish at Faldouet Dolmen by Dr Adam Perchard / September 2021
- ARTcomedia in Concert / March 2022
- Pinkeze Up! by Shea and KINGSY / April 2022
- Chrome Yellow by Wayne Stewart / May 2022
- Shell by Martha MacDonald / June 2022
- Ballads from Bunker Island at Noirmont Bunker by Dr Adam Perchard / June 2022
Our forthcoming residencies are:
- Sometime, Somewhere by Simon MacDonald / April 2023