Welcome to Summer 2023!
Jersey Arts Centre is now in its 40th year and our celebrations for Festival 40 Weekend in January were a huge success with over 1,250 at our 12 events: thank you all for your support.
We hope that there will again be many performances, exhibitions and courses throughout the summer that you’ll be inspired to attend. Contained within these web pages is our summer season as it currently stands though, as you might imagine, it may still be in flux with changes still sometimes happening. We will update online when these changes occur, so do keep checking our programme of performances, exhibitions, courses and workshops on the website!
As you will see, we are so very excited to announce that not only is Tim Crouch returning to Jersey Arts Centre with another of his productions, I, Malvolio, on Tuesday 16 May, but that he has also agreed to be our Honorary Patron for the next five years! There are indeed exciting times ahead!
We would like to thank you all for your unparalleled support and encouragement throughout these past 40 years – the challenges have sometimes been great – but your commitment to the work at Jersey Arts Centre has been even greater!
We look forward to seeing you at Phillips Street, across the Island and throughout the current season.
Take good care, stay safe and enjoy the experience here!
With best wishes
Daniel Austin | Director
[Image: Summer 2023 Brochure cover / Dr Adam Perchard: Interview with the Vamp / Friday 2 June / 8pm]
DID YOU KNOW? that in 2022 Jersey Arts Centre delivered the following events, activities and experiences:
- 236 ticketed performances with 24,572 attendances
- 13 exhibitions in the Berni Gallery
- 15 exhibitions in the Bar Gallery
- 26 public courses and workshops (67 sessions) with 114 participants
- 12 workshops in 10 schools for World Book Day with 317 participants
- 16 workshops in 13 schools for Liberation Day with 438 participants
- 2 youtheatre productions: The Changing Room + Skellig
- 2 ACT projects: Five Children and It + Hatched, Matched and Dispatched
- 1 Junior Drama project: Grimm’s Fairy Tales
- 4 Residencies: Pinkeze Up!, Chrome Yellow, SHELL + Ballads from Bunker Island
- 2 Commissions: Jersey and the Crown (Berni Gallery) + CAHUN – a retrospective by Jacqueline Mézec
- Our 20th consecutive year of assisting with the Holocaust Memorial Day ceremony
- youtheatre readings at the Former Internees 77th Liberation Day Anniversary at the War Tunnels
- 4 youtheatre historical dramas before their Royal Highnesses, the Earl and Countess of Wessex
- 1 youtheatre reading at the Liberation Day Ceremony
- 1 youtheatre reading at the Deportees Plaque at the Albert Quay for the Bad Wurzach delegation
- 15 events at Coronation Park in August
- The animation of C.I. Pride at People’s Park with 8 acts incorporating 27 artists
- The 9th Polish Film Festival
- The 18th Human Rights Festival
- The hosting of 7 Project Trident students
- JAC’s 5 community theatre companies ran including the Brighter Futures Company
- Our second Oddsocks Summer School with 20 participants
- 53 Arts in Health Care Trust concerts across 31 Island care settings
- JAC Advent Calendar online in December
- Our 7th Community Christmas Production: Adrian Mitchell’s adaptation of Lewis Carroll’s Alice in Wonderland & Through the Looking Glass with 2,321 attendances over 18 ticketed performances
- 27 workshops in 17 schools with 659 participants exploring the Alice in Wonderland story
- Website Visits: 119,609
- Page Views: 283,243
- Unique Users: 79,928
Our thanks extend to everyone for their support, enthusiasm and social and cultural engagement…