Welcome from our Director
Welcome to our spring 2018 season full of exciting, challenging and adventurous performances, exhibitions and courses.
We are also celebrating 35 years in 2018!
Details of our Membership scheme can be found here. You will receive 15% discount on all promotions which are marked with the red ribbon symbol, 5% discount on eat-in cafejac food, teas and coffees, and a loyalty scheme: buy 10 tickets you get the 11th free!
Highlights this spring season include: Festival 35 Weekend (20 + 21 January); Steven Osborne (piano), Pascal Roge (piano) and the Gould Piano Trio as part of the Amici Artium series (20 February + 20 March + 24 April respectively); the fully masked A BRAVE FACE by Vamos Theatre (27 + 28 March); and the return of Tavaziva Dance with IZINDAVA (18 April).
Enjoy the season ahead.
We look forward to seeing you all here this spring.
[Above image: spring brochure cover / TAVAZIVA DANCE: IZINDAVA/ 18 April 2018: 8pm]
DID YOU KNOW? that in 2016 Jersey Arts Centre presented:
- 250 ticketed performances with 26,549 attendances
- 14 exhibitions in the Berni Gallery
- 14 exhibitions in the Bar Gallery
- 20 courses and workshops with 162 participants
- 156 Arts in Health Care concerts across the Island’s care settings
- 5 Channel Islands Music Council concerts
- 2 youtheatre productions with one touring to St. Helier’s twin town of Bad Wurzach
- Our 15th consecutive year of readings with the youtheatre at Holocaust Memorial Day
- Readings at the Battle of the Somme ceremony on 4 August
- Readings at the Righteous Among the Nations ceremony for Dorothea Weber
- 2 ACT projects
- 1 new piece of theatre with Junior Drama: SOMETHING THEATRE
- Our sixth theatre-in-education project: SECRET WEAPONS with 34 performances
- Our 2nd Brighter Futures project: I’D RATHER NOT KNOW!
- Workshops at HMP La Moye
- The 3rd Polish Film Festival
- The 6th People’s Choice event
- The 12th Human Rights Festival
- The afternoon celebrations on Liberation Day
- The Publication of 100 POEMS
- Our first ever Christmas production: ARABIAN NIGHTS with 15 performances