Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Dear Members, Friends and Visitors
Below is an update on the steps Jersey Arts Centre is taking to help minimise the spread of COVID-19 and our current operational status.
Please click on the following link for the latest information from the Government of Jersey:
Our building at Phillips Street closed to the public on Monday 23 March, until further notice, as cafejac is also now closed. We will update you when this position changes.
The Government of Jersey announced on Tuesday 24 March that closure measures are now extended to: cinemas, theatres, concert halls, museums and galleries etc. – see the gov.je website for the latest news.
Now that all our hirers and promotions have either cancelled or postponed their events until the end of April, Jersey Arts Centre Association has suspended its usual activity for an initial period of six weeks until Friday 1 May. We will review this situation closer to the time and update you at that time.
From 8am on Monday 30 March, all our staff are now working from home on planning for the future, and developing ideas on how we continue to tell our beautiful stories on-line and in different ways.
Three of our key purposes at Jersey Arts Centre are to EDUCATE, INSPIRE and ENCOURAGE DEBATE and as we have been doing this or 37 years, With and For our Island Community, we will continue to do so…
We are now publishing our first-phase activities via our website, and through social media, in order for you to remain culturally and socially engaged in all our stories.
In order to support the health and well-being of our audiences, members, volunteers and staff, and in order to help combat the spread of COVID-19, we have been advising precautionary safety measures, including:
- Educating our staff on prevention and procedures
- Emphasising frequent and proper hand washing
- Cleaning high contact points more frequently
- Advising ‘Social Distancing’ for those aged 65 years+ from 14 March
- Working from Home from 20 March
- Social Distancing for the Whole Population of the Island from 20 March*
- Closing the doors at Phillips Street to the public on 23 March
- Self Isolation for those aged 65 years+ from 27 March*
- Adhering to the ‘Stay at Home’ instruction from Monday 30 March*
* Please see the latest Government of Jersey advice for Social Distancing, Self Isolation and the ‘Stay at Home’ instruction at the link above.
We will continue to keep in touch with you and be guided by official advice from the Government of Jersey and Public Health authorities. We will update this message at c.3pm on a daily basis (Monday to Friday) or when necessary.
The status of our spring programme has changed for the remainder of this season and is as follows:
- The ‘Motherhood’ exhibition in the Berni Gallery has been postponed until 2021
- The ‘seventy-five years’ exhibition (7 April – 2 May) has been postponed until a later date (tbc)
- TC Productions’ ‘Glorious’ (30 March – 4 April) has been postponed until 15 –19 September
- The Monday Matinee: ‘The Jungle Book’ (6 April) has been postponed
- Jersey Film Society’s: ‘Leave No Trace’ (6 April) has been cancelled
- The Residency of: ‘Night + Daze’ has been postponed (tbc)
- The JADC production of ‘Noises Off’ (21 – 25 April) has been postponed until September
- Jersey Film Society’s: ‘White Crow’ (27 April) has been cancelled
- NYX Trio: Meditations (28 April) has been postponed until a later date (tbc)
- ‘Buzz’ (29 April) has been postponed until a later date (tbc)
- youtheatre’s cultural exchange with Bad Wurzach (29 March – 4 April) has been cancelled
- Jersey’s Climate Emergency: How Did We Get Here? (30 May) has been postponed (tbc)
- Film: ‘Living With the Enemy’ (7 May) has been postponed
Ticket holders for the above performances, and courses and workshops, will be contacted by our Box Office in due course – so please be patient with us at this time…
Thank you so very much for your continued support of Jersey Arts Centre: to our incredible team of volunteer stewards, committee members, audiences, and to our loyal and dedicated staff.
Volunteer Stewards! If you need support to assist you with your groceries or simply to chat, email me below if the need arises and I will assist. Thank you for your commitment and stewardship at all our shows!
With best wishes
Director – email@example.com
as at 3:30pm on Monday 30 March 2020